Major Events Programme
The City Events Team of Culture Liverpool take responsibility for all aspects of the planning & implementation of large scale events and projects for Liverpool City Council. We take a systematic and methodical approach to the events and projects we organise. To do this, we:
- set clear objectives
- investigate feasibility
- risk manage
- set contingency strategies
- create operational policies
- fund and finance manage (including budget adherence)
- ensure the safety and well-being of all.
Our unmatched ability to do this with a highly-skilled and passionate team, means we can expertly plan and implement quality events across a diverse range of event types, themes, settings and content. As well as this, our event and project activities act as a direct catalyst for accomplishing the corporate and strategic initiative of the City.
Key events and projects we have managed include:
- National Armed Forces Day 2017
- ‘3 Queens’ – Cunard’s 175th Anniversary
- Liverpool International Music Festival
- Royal de Luxe Giant Spectaculars – Memories of August 1914 & Sea Odyssey
- ‘River of Light’ – 5th November firework display
- The Liverpool Sound (Paul McCartney headline concert supporting the 2008 Capital of Culture)
- Capital of Culture Opening Ceremony: “The People’s Opening”
- Liverpool’s 800th Birthday Fireworks
- Tour of Britain Cycle Race
- The Tall Ships Race.