Throughout the cultural and creative sector, there are a range of opportunities available throughout the year. The following pages are updated with current opportunities that area available throughout the Liverpool City Region and beyond.
Job vacancies, volunteering and commercial opportunities are detailed on separate pages.
Call Out – Arist / Maker / Arts Collaborative
Arts, Activism & Empowerment!
Mandela8 require an artist/maker or arts collaborative to develop, design, create and deliver visual arts/creative writing workshops leading to a procession as part of the Mandela Day celebrations on Princes Boulevard and in Princes Park on Monday 18th July. The artist/s or arts organisation would be required to develop and deliver creative workshops in 8 local schools to create slogans and messages to feature on banners, flags and placards to be carried by the pupils along the Boulevard.
The procession is to celebrate the visions and aspirations of Mandela, encouraging young activism and leadership, empowering our young people through peaceful and positive actions. The artists would be required to act as creative producer for the procession and create a cohesive overall look for the parade, theming sections through colours or banners, and to direct this aspect on the day.
The procession itself will be supported by Culture Liverpool in the City Council. We envisage approx. 400 pupils to be involved.
- Creative writing/visual arts workshops in 8 schools
- Design and creation of placards, banners and flags
- All transportation requirements of materials and props etc for workshops and procession
- Creative Producer role to create coherent themes throughout procession and manage look & feel
- Liaison with participating schools to book workshops, develop banners etc and creative production on the 18th July to facilitate procession
Schools will be identified in partnership with Mandela8
- Arts workshops to take place following half-term with all banners, flags, any costumes to be created and produced ready for 18th July 2022. Thought should be given to the method of decoration, durability and sustainability of the banners, placards etc. and suitability for outdoor use. The banners etc will be returned to the schools afterwards.
- All materials to be provided by the artist. (Unison have provided 400 blank placards for use in the project).
- Costs to include R&D, materials, labour, production, facilitation and delivery of schools workshops, creative production of schools aspect of procession.
- Budget: £10K Max inclusive of VAT.
Submissions to be sent to [email protected] by 5.00pm on Wednesday 25th May 2022 with proposal/response to theme, design ideas, materials, costs and examples of any previous similar work. Collaborative approaches would be very welcome.