Applications to be part of the award-winning programme are now open for the 2023/2024 cohort and we are on the hunt for the best artists, bands and producer-artists aged 16-25 based in Liverpool City Region, to take part.
Since its inception in 2013, the LIMF Academy has seen over 5000 young music creators attend workshops and seminars and perform at a variety of different events. With support from and partnerships with the likes of BBC Music Introducing, BBC Radio 1Xtra, PRS Foundation, UK Music, Musician’s Union, Help Musicians UK, Ditto Music, PRS for Music the Academy has grown to become one of the main platforms for developing and showcasing emerging talent in the region.
From having an incredible track record for specifically honing the skills of the best up-and-coming unsigned music talent in Liverpool, the Academy alumni continues to grow impressively thanks to the exclusive networking and insider knowledge the artists receive access to. In more recent years, a few honorable names to mention include:
- Michael Aldag – With more than half a million TikTok followers, Michael’s electro-pop sound is racking up big numbers on streaming sites and he has signed a record deal with 3 Beat Music / Universal.
- MICAYL – The alternative R&B artist who infuses Hip Hop, neo soul, jazz and lofi into his sound has gone on to sign a worldwide publishing deal with Sony, was named as VEVO’s best emerging artist in 2022 and has signed worldwide record deal with Filter music group and sub-licence deals with their affiliates.
- Ni Maxine – The neo-jazz singer-songwriter who has gone on to be booked to perform at festivals regionally across 2023, whilst also receiving radio support across Jazz FM and Melodic Distraction and more.
- Pizza Girl – The Electronic singer-songwriter and producer has been championed by the likes of Huw Stephens, Lauren Laverne and more, toured the UK and Europe and received international support by key music sites. He has been signed to acclaimed indie label, Hit or Heist for over a year.
- Jalen N’Gonda – The classic Soul singer went on to sign a global publishing deal, tour the UK, Europe and U.S and perform at many major festivals across the world. He has recently signed a recording deal and is currently touring across the UK.
- RVHEEM – The R&B/Pop singer-songwriter has worked with a number of the UK’s top Black Music artists and has been named as part of BBC Asian Networks Future Sounds and has performed at BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend.
The 6 music creators selected will receive access to the free initiative will receive a variety of benefits, including:
- Performance opportunities at major Liverpool city music events and other regular showcases
- Monthly masterclass and skill sessions with industry leaders on topics such as marketing, promotion, performance, distribution, media training, funding opportunities, resilience training and much more
- Free rehearsal time
- Paid Membership to the Musician’s Union and PRS For Music
- Free global distribution
- Mentoring, Advice and Signposting
- Bursaries to help with creative and career activity (between £750-£2,500)
- Music making and collaborative opportunities
- Access to Academy partners
- Marketing support
On top of this, the three deemed to be ‘most ready’ will receive additional support including recording studio time, year-round mentoring and life coaching and the creation of professional assets.
Closing date for applications is 5th May 2023 at 19.00.
APPLY NOW: https://forms.gle/VkndCNCjVSR57xpGA