Chinese New Year – Plan Your Visit
Here’s all the useful information a visitor to Liverpool needs for getting here, getting around, and all your accommodation requirements.
There are lots of different ways that you can travel around the China Dream events – Whether you Get There By Train, or by Bus – Plan Your Journey!
- TRAVEL OFFER: Why not pay once and travel all week with Stagecoach‘s Megarider – with unlimited travel in your area, you can travel as much as you like, as often as you like, whenever you like all week with just one ticket. Whether you’re travelling to Chinese New Year or meeting a friend, the more you travel the more you save!
- There are two main city centre bus terminals and travel centers: Liverpool ONE Paradise Street Bus Station and Queen Square Bus Station.
- If you would like information on transport on the bus network in Liverpool, please visit Merseytravel.gov.uk
Plan Your Journey!
- Lime Street Station is Liverpool’s mainline station with trains arriving from Manchester, London, Scotland and the rest of the UK.
- For information on rail travel within the city please visit Merseyrail.org
- Why not use the Merseyrail Journey Planner
- Tickets with Merseyrail start from just £1.95 return. Regular services run to 68 stations across Merseyside -why not use the journey planner journey to plan your journeys around the China Dream programme?
More information to help you enjoy the event can be found below. If you can’t find what you are looking for, please contact us.
- Cycling is permitted around the city with dedicated cycle parking available. Cycle parking and routes are available to view on the Liverpool cycle map.
- The city also benefits from a citybike cycle hire scheme whereby you can hire a bike during your visit to the city for a small charge, find out more on Liverpool’s citybike cycle hire scheme here.
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport is around a 20-25 minute taxi journey from Liverpool city centre.
- Bus services to and from the airport include the 80A which depart from Liverpool One Bus Station every 20 minutes.
- If you would like further information on transport via Liverpool John Lennon Airport, please visit their website here.
- ComCab: Call 0151 298 2222 or visit the ComCab website.
- Davy Liver taxis are one of our official taxi partners – if you would like more information on their services, please visit their website here.
- Davy Liver: Call 0151 708 7080 or visit the Davy Liver website.
- Excel: Call 0151 728 8888 or visit the Excel website.
- Alpha Cars: Call 0151 722 8888 or visit the Alpha Cars website.
- National Express coach station is conveniently located in the heart of Liverpool City Centre
- If you would like further information on booking a National Express coach please visit the National Express website.
Here’s all the useful information a visitor to Liverpool needs for getting here, getting around, and all your accommodation requirements thanks to our Official Accommodation Partner, HotelPlanner.com.