Plan Your Visit to Mersey River Festival 2017
Please be aware that the information may be out of date.
There are lots of different ways that you can travel around Liverpool – on the city wide transport network with Merseytravel to hopping on a bike with City Bike. There are also a number of private hire and black cabs available within the city as well as parking facilities around the city to help on your visit.
If you’re travelling from further afield, there are a number of different ways you can arrive in the city.
- Lime Street Station is Liverpool’s mainline station with trains arriving from Manchester, London, Scotland and the rest of the UK.
- For information on rail travel within the city please visit Merseyrail.co.uk
- Alternatively, please visit our Merseyrail Journey Planner widget.
- There are two main city centre bus terminals and travel centers: Liverpool ONE Paradise Street Bus Station and Queen Square Bus Station.
- If you would like information on transport on the bus network in Liverpool, please visit Merseytravel.gov.uk alternatively, visit our dedicated Merseytravel pages.
- TRAVEL OFFER: The one day Solo bus ticket is currently available with Merseytravel – travel on any bus, at any time, anywhere in Merseyside for £4.70. Find out more on the Merseytravel ticket page.
- Cycling is permitted around the city with dedicated cycle parking available. Cycle parking and routes are available to view on the Liverpool cycle map.
- The city also benefits from a citybike cycle hire scheme whereby you can hire a bike during your visit to the city for a small charge, find out more on Liverpool’s citybike cycle hire scheme here.
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport is around a 20-25minute taxi journey from Liverpool town centre.
- Arriva Bus services to and from the airport include the 80A which depart from Liverpool One Bus Station every 20 minutes.
- If you would like further information on transport via Liverpool John Lennon Airport, please visit their website here.
- ComCab: Call 0151 298 2222 or visit the ComCab website.
- Davy Liver taxis are one of our official taxi partners – if you would like more information on their services, please visit their website here.
- Davy Liver: Call 0151 708 7080 or visit the Davy Liver website.
- Excel: Call 0151 728 8888 or visit the Excel website.
- Alpha Cars: Call 0151 722 8888 or visit the Alpha Cars website.
- If you are travelling with a coach company, please refer to this FREE PARKING NOTICE
- National Express coach station is conveniently located in the heart of Liverpool City Centre
- If you would like further information on booking a National Express coach please visit the National Express website or take a peek at our dedicated National Express pages.