Please be aware that the information may be out of date.
There are lots of different ways that you can travel around Liverpool on the city wide transport network. Get there by Train with Merseyrail, with various stations taking you to the heart of the Three Festivals Tall Ships Regatta. Whether you plan on coming by foot, bike, ferry or flight, you can find all the necessary information on the Merseytravel website.
Lime Street Station is Liverpool’s mainline station with trains arriving from Manchester, London, Scotland and the rest of the UK.
For the Liverpool Waterfront, Get there by Train to Moorfields, Liverpool Central & James Street. For the activities at Wirral services to Hamilton Square will take you to the heart of the action. Regular train services run to 67 stations across Merseyside. Plan your journey on the Journey Planner, or download the Merseyrail app here: http://onelink.to/p3aynf.
Please note that if Liverpool FC are successful in the Champions League final on Saturday evening then Liverpool Lime Street Underground station and James Street station will be closed on Sunday.
TRAVEL OFFER! Regular services run throughout the day and return travel starts from £1.95, or a family of five can enjoy a Family Ticket for just £11 – to plan your visit, you can use the Merseyrail Journey Planner.
There are two main city centre bus terminals and travel centers:
- Liverpool ONE Paradise Street Bus Station
- Queen Square Bus Station
If you would like information on transport on the bus network in Liverpool, please visit Merseytravel.gov.uk.
Cycling is permitted around the city with dedicated cycle parking available. Cycle parking and routes are available to view on the Liverpool cycle map.
The city also benefits from a CityBike cycle hire scheme whereby you can hire a bike during your visit to the city for a small charge, find out more on Liverpool’s CityBike cycle hire scheme here.
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport is around a 20-25 minute taxi journey from Liverpool town centre.
- Arriva Bus services to and from the airport include the 80A which depart from Liverpool One Bus Station every 20 minutes.
- If you would like further information on transport via Liverpool John Lennon Airport, please visit their website here.
There are a large number of Private Hire & Black Cab services throughout the city.
- Davy Liver: Call 0151 708 7080 or visit the Davy Liver website.
- Excel: Call 0151 728 8888 or visit the Excel website.
- Alpha Cars: Call 0151 722 8888 or visit the Alpha Cars website.
- ComCab: Call 0151 298 2222 or visit the ComCab website.
Why not arrive in Liverpool with a bang and travel with National Express. Coaches head to the city from across the UK, and drop off directly at Liverpool ONE – right on the waterfront.
The Mersey Ferry connects Liverpool and the Wirral Peninsula calling at the Pier Head, Seacombe and Woodside. What better way to enjoy the River of Light fireworks than from the River Mersey itself? Visit the Mersey Ferries website for more information.