Transport & Travel.
Please be aware that the information may be out of date.
There are lots of different ways that you can travel around Liverpool – on the city wide transport network with Merseytravel to hopping on a bike with City Bike. There are also a number of private hire and black cabs available within the city as well as parking facilities around the city to help on your visit.
An overview of how to get around the city is below but if you would like local transport information during the time that we will be hosting Poppies: Weeping Window – please visit Merseytravel.gov.uk.
If you’re travelling from further afield, there are a number of different ways you can arrive in the city.
- Lime Street Station is Liverpool’s mainline station with trains arriving from Manchester, London, Scotland and the rest of the UK.
- For information on rail travel within the city please visit Merseyrail.co.uk
- There are two main city centre bus terminals and travel centers: Liverpool ONE Paradise Street Bus Station and Queen Square Bus Station.
- If you would like information on transport on the bus network in Liverpool, please visit Merseytravel.gov.uk
- If you are travelling by car there are two local car parks less than a minutes walk from St George’s Hall. Full directions, opening times and parking tariffs can be found on the Queen Square car park website and the St Johns car park website.
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport is around a 20-25 minute taxi journey from Liverpool town centre.
- Arriva Bus services to and from the airport include the 80A which depart from Liverpool One Bus Station every 20 minutes.
- If you would like further information on transport via Liverpool John Lennon Airport, please visit their website here.
- ComCab: Call 0151 298 2222 or visit the ComCab website.
- Davy Liver taxis are one of our official taxi partners – if you would like more information on their services, please visit their website here.
- Davy Liver: Call 0151 708 7080 or visit the Davy Liver website.
- Excel: Call 0151 728 8888 or visit the Excel website.
- Alpha Cars: Call 0151 722 8888 or visit the Alpha Cars website.
- National Express coach station is conveniently located in the heart of Liverpool City Centre
- If you would like further information on booking a National Express coach please visit the National Express website.
- GoEuro is Europe’s first multi-mode travel search engine. You can use the search and booking website to easily compare and combine all modes of transport to plan your trip to Liverpool from across the UK and the rest of Europe via our Go Euro page here.