On Record Merseyside
Creatively directed by Yaw Owusu, The Playmaker Group, Funded by Culture Liverpool
Saturday 23 October – Sunday 7 November, Various Times
ON RECORD MERSEYSIDE is a curated celebration and exploration of Black music in Liverpool and the role it has played in the city and in communities over the past 70 years.
Following the success of 2020’s On Record: Untold & Retold, the 2021 edition will include:
- A collaborative music making project entitled the Liverpool ONE Project – Take Two, artistically directed by L100’s DJ 2Kind in association with Go Play Studios.
- GRIME > PUNK, in partnership with TATE and University of Liverpool. The day event will reflect how Grime is Punk for this new generation and will include a debate, live performances, workshops and an exhibition of art and fashion
- A Black music on Merseyside seminar at the British Music Experience. The event will include the launch of the Liverpool City Region Music Board’s Black music manifesto, a series of roundtables and a number of guest speakers.
- The premiere of the BEATS OF HEART Black music trail, presented by poet and performer, Curtis Watt.
- A DJ clash club night presented by 24 Kitchen Street featuring an assortment of the best Black music DJs in the region.
- A series of exclusive podcasts including 4 new Untold Stories and a live recording of a special episode of Mellowtone’s Beneath The Merseybeat.
More information coming soon…
Join the conversation: