The Sugar Girls – Vintage Garden Tea Party
Did you work for Tate & Lyle in Liverpool? Where you a Sugar Girl? Maybe your Mum or Gran were?
The Rotunda will be celebrating all the Sugar Girls on Saturday 7th September with a Vintage Garden Tea Party, with brilliant Boogie Woogie Band ‘Sister Sister’, free cream teas for all aged 65 and over, Liverpool Vintage Quiz with prizes, traditional games for the family and the Authors of the international best-selling book ‘The Sugar Girls’ book will be on site researching for the NEW Liverpool version of the book. You may be in it?
Authors Duncan and Nuala want to speak to anyone with memories of working at the Tate & Lyle factory, from WW2 up to the closure in 1981. Can you help?
Visit the Rotunda Wellbeing Garden from 12 noon on Saturday 7th September for freshly baked scones and treats. Sweet!
Free entertainment, family games, a great fundraising bargain stall including new handbags and dresses for £1!
The Royal Albert Dock Designers of the new Welcome installations for their 175th birthday in 2021 will also be at The Vintage Tea Party at Rotunda with a sneak preview of their amazing designs and your chance to have your say on the final inclusion for their birthday launch.
“We’re really looking forward to supporting The Sugar Girl’s Authors in their search for Liverpool’s own Sugar Girls! We have already found the daughter of the Tate & Lyle illustrator and creator of ‘Mr Cube’! The Vintage Tea Party will be a wonderful way to celebrate local history and the end of a fantastic Summer in the Rotunda Wellbeing Gardens. Plus, our new Garden Bistro Menu with new partners Ellison Catering. This is a free event with amazing live entertainment from ‘Sister Sister ‘ duo and we’re looking forward to seeing everyone in their vintage outfits and having a jive to Boogie Woogie hits in the Orchard!”
Maxine Ennis; Rotunda CEO
- 12 noon – gates open: Refreshments, music, stalls, old school games for the children on the lawn. Enjoy a bunting biscuit or cream tea! Rotunda Garden Bistro will be open all afternoon serving lunch and snacks for all diets. NEW delicious menu!
- 12:30 – Introductions and talk from Duncan and Nuala on The Sugar Girls Book and research
- 1pm – 2:30 – music, refreshments and chance to meet the Authors and also see the plans for the Royal Albert Dock’s 175th birthday and give your views on the heritage information development. Traditional games for all the family and enjoy a cream tea or lunch from the Garden Bistro
- 2:30 – 3pm – Vintage Liverpool Quiz.
- 3pm – 3:45pm Sister Sister performing vintage favourites and Boogie Woogie hits!
- 4pm – ends