Liverpool BID Company announce they are bringing an international light spectacular to Liverpool this Christmas.
A world-famous light and music show - which has dazzled locals in Spain and Belgium - will be replicated in the city centre.
Something very exciting and magical is making its way to Liverpool this Christmas, set to illuminate the city’s skies and bring smiles to the droves of shoppers expected to visit the city centre in the lead up to the holiday.
In a bid to bring something very different and special to the city this festive season, Liverpool BID Company is working with The Festive Group to replicate its world-famous Christmas display here in Liverpool – showcasing an awe-inspiring, 70-metre, LED tunnel of light and music in the city centre. The installation has appeared on the streets of Málaga in Spain and Oostende in Belgium with great success.
And that’s just the cherry on top of the Christmas cake. In total, businesses, shoppers and visitors to the city centre are set to benefit from a BID investment of nearly £250,000, funded by the 1,500 BID levy paying businesses in the city centre. The BID investment will complement Liverpool City Council’s investment for the traditional Christmas tree on Church Street and festive decorations in St George’s Quarter, Hope Street and other areas of the city centre.
Bill Addy, chief executive of Liverpool BID Company, and chair of the Liverpool Visitor Economy Network (LVEN), said:
“As well as the traditional Christmas decorations that we have come to know and love, we are very excited to announce that we are working with The Festive Group to bring something really special and different to the city centre this year. It will certainly set us apart from other towns and cities in the North West.
“Christmas is of course one of the most important trading times for our levy paying businesses on the high street, and it is the BID’s objective to boost visitor footfall and improve the experience in the city centre during the competitive festive period. We have to give shoppers more reasons to choose Liverpool for their Christmas outings. Working with our partners across the city, we are confident this year is going to be like no other.”
In addition the BID also have:
- A walk-through, 16-metre high artificial tree in Williamson Square providing the perfect location for a ‘Christmas selfie’
- Christmas light decorations in the main thoroughfares of Bold Street, Whitechapel, Castle Street, Cook Street, Chapel Street, and Tithebarn Street
- Lighting on trees across the BID areas – Commercial District BID and Retail & Leisure BID – mainly on Church Street, Lord Street, Derby Square, Old Hall Street and Parker Street, including over 2,000 Christmas baubles
- The return of the much-loved St Paul’s Square Christmas tree – a favourite among the business community since 2014
- Angel Selfie display on Castle Street and Clayton Square
- Christmas workshops at Metquarter and St Johns Shopping Centre
The BID will also be working with the new owners of Exchange Flags to bring a Christmas tree and lights to this iconic square.
As well as announcing the Christmas programme, the BID Annual Showcase event looked back on what has been a fantastic year for the BID, with over £1.5m invested into BID areas, benefiting and supporting over 1,500 BID levy paying businesses directly through a number of key initiatives.