Young Makefest is a fun one day festival consisting of hands on activities and demonstrations for young people interested in creating art, digital technologies, performing or making with a range of materials and technologies. From crafting, to gaming to coding it’s all here!
Activities are suitable from 11am – 3pm on Friday 23 March for upper primary and secondary schools, and include;
- 3D printing with the Library Robox machines with 3D Primo
- ‘Mako Education’ Green Screen Stop-motion animation, digital badges and Code-a Drone
- Following an interactive fiction trail around the library with Domestic Science
- Finding out about coding with Liverpool/ Wirral Code Clubs and Code Club Northwest
- Seeing circuit playground express in action with Def-Proc
- One Latin Culture music composition workshops
- How to make wearables and the fun application of technology from DoES Liverpool
- Little Sandbox Maker Difference Project and the Library Maker Carts
- Square Pegs horse box screen printing and arts and crafts
- Little Vintage Photography Sun prints and caravan darkroom
And much more……. Including…MADE INVADERS!!!
Additionally, take the opportunity to connect with Spark Penketh – Based in Penketh High School, Spark Penketh is an innovative new maker space located within a secondary setting with the mission of building making and digital creating into all sections of the curriculum.
If any schools or makers would to register for a showcase pitch then please contact Denise at [email protected].
Young Makefest is a part of Liverpool Libraries’ Maker Difference’ project funded by the National Libraries Taskforce’ Libraries innovation Fund for Everyone’ and delivered in association with Liverpool Makefest.
Follow the Conversation:
Event Date: Friday 23rd March – Friday 23rd March 2018
LOCATION: Liverpool Central Library
Click here to view location on map..
This event has been submitted by the event organiser and is not endorsed by Culture Liverpool or Liverpool City Council. If you have any questions, please direct them to the event organiser.