Suspended Time by GroupeF
Part performance, part storytelling and part pyro display, this will be unlike any event staged before.
Inspired by Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Christophe Berthonneau, Groupe F, The Lantern Company, Circo Rum Ba Ba
Lucy, the girl with kaleidoscope eyes, has inspired this enchanting light festival which will transform Camp Hill into a magical land for one memorable night.
Part-performance, part-storytelling, part-pyrotechnic display, Suspended Time will be unlike any event staged in Liverpool before.
Pyrotechnic genius Christophe Berthonneau and Groupe F are the French team behind the opening and closing ceremonies of the Olympics, the Eurovision song contest and Bastille Day.
Here they are working with American-born Scott Gibbons, one of the most exciting electronic music composers around, to create a unique and magical evening to celebrate the surreal beauty of John Lennon’s song.
Liverpool Lantern Company and Circo Rum Ba Ba will animate the park with weird and wonderful street theatre from 8pm, as the event builds up to the final performance at 10.30pm.
Bring the whole family, pack a picnic and something warm in case it’s parky, and settle down for a stellar storytelling experience.
Fire / Light Show (Times)
- 8:00pm – 10.00pm: Pre event picnic and family experience performances by The Birdcage, The Cabin
- 10:30pm – Show
- Locations include Camp Hill and Woolton Woods
What can I expect to see?
There are a variety of performances taking place on the night including:
In a wonderland of illuminations stands a giant golden gilded birdcage, birdsong fills the air as aerial creatures swoop and soar overhead. Caustic widows present a magical illuminated aerial spectacle with costumed characters, aerial hoop, soundscapes and birdsong. Performances between 8 -10pm.
Performed by Stephanie Greer and Gemma Bond Concept, direction and design by Katy-Anne Bellis
What happens when Twin Peaks’ black lodge meets the animals of farthing wood on the way to an underground Berlin club?
‘The Cabin’ is a comedic, surreal and voyeuristic installation accompanied by performances that see a small abandoned wooden lodge in the woods become inhabited by numerous curious creatures – an insane asylum for animals who have collided with the human world, inheriting some of our more eccentric traits.
Witness a disgruntled goat lose endlessly to the world champion of Guess Who, see the grooming rituals of an all star Zebra drag queen and dance along to her disco sound track.
L’ Hotel has parked ceremoniously at its latest destination…….The only hotel to come to you!
The “smallest hotel in the world ” is shrouded but watch as it comes alive: beds are made, tables laid, chamber maids roused, bell boys leap into action and finally the special guests arrive and are ushered up the red carpet to their luxury accommodation.
Watch amazed as this charming, eccentric, tiny venue erupts into glittering cabaret, dances into dream filled slumber and wakes to clattering kitchen choreography.
Acrobatics, globe walking, dead celebrities, French finesse, trumpeting and mime mayhem make this an enchanting show to delight an audience of any age or nationality.
Please plan in advance your travel arrangements to Camp Hill, there are a number of options available to you which we have listed below.
- It is possible to walk to the site from a number of South Liverpool locations less than 45 mins away including Allerton Road, Belle Vale Shopping Centre, Booker Avenue, Childwall ‘Triangle’, Garston Village, Gateacre, Halewood, Netherley, Smithdown Road and Speke.
- Free car parking will be provided at Simpsons Ground adjacent to the site – access will be clearly signposted from Menlove Avenue. Please park responsibly only in designated car parks and off road parking spaces. Please be mindful of local residents and not to park in residents parking bays or block residents access.
- The 76, 166 and 188 bus routes offer access to the site with additional services available to Woolton Village including the 75, 78, 81, 89 approximately 15 minutes from the site. However, please note that the last buses on these routes will depart between 23.10 hrs and 23.30hrs, so there will be limited opportunities to travel home by bus from the event.
- The nearest train station is Liverpool South Parkway (approximately 30 minutes walk) please note that the last services from Liverpool South Parkway will be at 23.21, 23.45 and 00.27hrs to the city centre.
- Due to the late finish of this event (approximately 23.00hrs) a limited number of additional buses will be available to provide a link to Liverpool South Parkway and then non-stop to the City Centre, at 23.15. These will depart from close to the junction of Woolton Road and Hillfoot Road.
- Please contact Traveline if you want more information, before you travel 0151 236 7676.
Event Date: Thursday 1st June – Thursday 1st June 2017
LOCATION: woolton wood
Click here to view location on map..