Pre-Chinese New Year Parade & Performances
To celebrate the arrival of the Terracotta Warriors at Liverpool World Museum, and PRESENCE: A Window Through Time at St George’s Hall, the City of Liverpool is hosting a pre-Chinese New Year Parade, from 1.00-3.00pm on Saturday 10 February 2018. Please see parade route and performances below:
The parade will start at 1:00pm by Oxfam on Bold St, featuring lions from Hung Gar Kung Fu and a mini dragon and lion from Pagoda Arts.
Parade route stops include:
- Bold Street (parade start)
- Church Street
- Paradise Street (by College Lane)
- Paradise Place
- South John Street (by Paperchase)
- Wall Street
- Thomas Steers Way (final performance will be performed here at the bottom of steps by John Lewis / Chavasse Park)
- Parade end (expected finish time at 3:00pm)
There will also be a series of performances from 1:00pm at Keys Court, Liverpool ONE. Performances will include Flower Drummers, Tai Chi and Guzheng from Pagoda Arts.
There will be even more Street Performances in the celebrations on the Official Chinese New Year 2018 Celebrations on Sunday 18 February 2018.
Event Date: Saturday 10th February – Saturday 10th February 2018
Location: Liverpool City Centre