On Monday 24 June celebrations in Liverpool commence in the lead up to Armed Forces Day on Saturday 29 June, with Reserves Day also marked on 26 June.
We will have a full programme of events and activities for all the family to take part in and enjoy as well as a host of special offers from a range of institutions in the city for our service men and women.
Due to the nature of the event we are not able to detail ALL displays that will be present on the day itself until nearer the time for security purposes, so please do keep checking these pages for further announcements.
We are currently working on adding content to these pages, so please keep checking for the latest what’s on news.
Armed Forces Week
- Monday 24 June (11.00am) – Flag raising ceremony at Liverpool Town Hall
- Wednesday 26 June (7.30pm) – HMS Eaglet Drumhead Service at Exchange Flags
- Saturday 29 June (10.30 – 11.00am) – Service at Our Lady and St Nicholas Parish Church
- Saturday 29 June (11.15am) – Tri-service parade lead by the band of HM Royal Marines to the gates of the Royal Albert Dock where the event will be officially opened by Lord Mayor of Liverpool Cllr Peter Brennan
- Saturday 29 June (10.00am – 4.00pm) – Military exhibition at the Royal Albert Dock, including
military assets and displays, from 10am-4pm as well as performances by local
choirs and military bands from noon.
- During the week you will also be able to find out more about Liverpool’s Armed Forces community, including reservists and cadets, thorough a series of blogs that will posted on the Culture Liverpool blog.
Saturday 29 June
- 10.30-11.00am – Service at Our Lady and St Nicholas Parish Church
(attendance is by invitation only)
- 11.15am – Tri-service parade led by the Band of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines
Scotland to the gates of the Royal Albert Dock Liverpool where the event will be
officially opened by Lord Mayor of Liverpool Cllr Peter Brennan
- 10am-4.00pm – Military exhibition at Royal Albert Dock Liverpool
Activity at Martin Luther King Jnr steps includes:
- 11.30am – Mayor’s Speech, National Anthem and Town Crier proclamation
- 12.00 noon – Danielle Thomas (operatic performance)
- 12.35am – SoSo Choir performance
- 1.05pm – Movema Dance performance
- 1.20pm – Liverpool Scottish Pipes and Drums
- 1.40pm – Egg People Cavemen
- 2.05pm – HMS Royal Marines Band
- 2.50pm – SoSo Choir
- 3.15pm – Movema Dance performance
- 3.40pm – Egg People Cavemen
Activity at Pier Masters Green includes:
- 11.00am – Liverpool Scottish Pipes and Drums
- 12.00 noon – Egg People Cavemen
- 1.40pm – Liverpool Scottish Pipes and Drums
- The Royal Albert Dock Liverpool event will feature:
- Military assets
- #TEAM103 will be bringing along a 105mm Light Gun, the smallest of the British Army’s artillery systems but with a range of 17.5km and at just under 2 ton it’s still a big piece of kit! Look around the gun, see how heavy the shells it fires are and try on some of the kit and equipment soldiers use on operations and training
- The 208 Field Hospital with battlefield ambulance and medic tent
- 107 Field Squadron
- The RNLI’s virtual reality experience
- The Medical Memories Roadshow
- A replica First World War Boy Scout ambulance.
- Performances from school and community choirs
- Western Approaches with items from the Second World War.
- Sea Cadets North West
- Naval Regional Command Northern England and Isle of Man
- Age UK
- DC Deysbrook (Kandahar) 4 Company Merseyside Army Cadet Force
- Royal Marines Cadets
- HMS Prince of Wales
- WMCO Merseyside Air Cadets
- 4th Battalion The Duke of Lancaster’s Regiment will have as simulator and army tent
- RAF representatives from AFCO Liverpool
- Merseyside Army Cadet Force – Step Change Programme
Join us on the official Facebook event for Armed Forces Day Liverpool to get updates direct to your phone.